When your ability to walk the stairs in your house has been reduced, and you just feel like not going upstairs or downstairs much anymore, a stairlift can be a difference between enjoying your whole house that you know and love, and only using a small part of it, or even moving out altogether.
I can imagine how the thought of moving out of your home can be so unpleasant. But a stairlift can really help. In a situation where either your stairs are very narrow, less than about 30 in., or in case where your current physical condition does not allow you to properly and safely bend your knees, a standing stairlift comes to the rescue. And Meditek Stairlift SP100 is an excellent example of such a standing stairlift.
Let's make one thing clear from the outset: Standing stairlifts are more risky than sitting ones. Why? There is less support, the rider has a higher center of gravity, and there is a higher likelihood of falling off the lift.
It is so much more important then for a standing stairlift to have as many safety features as possible built in. This will reduce the risk of injury or accident to a minimum.
Meditek Stairlift SP100 Safety Features
The Meditek Stairlift SP100 Standing Stairlift delivers handsomely on the safety features. Let's look at them individually:
- The maximum load is restricted to 100 kg. This means more safety as standing position invites stronger twisting forces on the system. A lower maximum load helps reduce such forces and increase safety.
- The constant pressure sensor systems will bring the entire stairlift to stop as soon as a single obstacle in its path is detected.
- Height adjustable hand rails allow for the maximum comfort and safety when riding.
- No dangerous dangling cables thanks to a safe rack-and-pinion drive system.
- Overspeed sensor will detect any speed beyond the norm and activate the brakes right away.
- Failsafe brake will keep the stairlift in place safely.
These are just the most prominent safety features of the Meditek Stairlift SP100.
For more safety features, as well as other details of Meditek products, you can go to this website Chair Escalator and in particular, visit the Meditek Stairlift SP100 review page.